PS3 Jailbreak 4.46 aka PS3 CFW 4.46 is now available to download
Latest video showing fully updated PS3 Jailbreak system loading a game backup via Multiman Backup Manager and playing online with PSN. Now included 4.46 version spoofer!
• CFW Passes latest PSN 4.46 Auth. Test. Correct Passphrase used.
• Working 100% online with console ID spoofing to avoid bans.
• PSN still 100% working inc Store with latest 4.46 firmware update
Only install this custom firmware on a PS3 running firmware versions 4.46, 4.41, 4.40, 4.31, 4.30, 4,25, 4.21, 4.20, 4.11,4.10, 4.00 or 3.72 (3.55 users see below). PS3 Jailbreak 4.46 is fully PSN safe with full access, supporting console id spoofing and all backups. The Most trusted and updated PS3 hack and PS3 Custom Firmware
How to Jailbreak PS3 on 4.46?
Full install instructions are provided below and in the download.
CFW 4.46 Install Instructions
1. Format your USB memory stick to FAT32
(many are this by default but you can always change this in Windows by right-clicking the icon in My Computer and selecting format)
2. Open your formatted USB stick and create a new folder titled “PS3″(no quotes) without this the PS3 Jailbreak 4.46 CFW will not be found.
3. Inside that folder create another folder called “UPDATE”
4. Download the CFW (Custom Firmware) files from any of the links above (extra mirrors will be added in the next few days)
During busy periods you might be asked to enter at least a working email to start the download. You can either try again at a less busy time or use a working email to activate your download. Registered members will not have this restriction.
5. Double click the downloaded .RAR file to open it and extract the
PS3UPDAT.PUP (PS3 Jailbreak 4.46 CFW) file to the folder you created on the USB in the step above
You are now ready to install the Custom Firmware aka PS3 Jailbreak 4.46.
Please do this through the recovery menu ONLY as below
1. Power off the PS3
2. Hold on/off button on the front of the PS3 and Power on the PS3 at the back switch or wall outlet socket.
3. Keep on/off pressed while PS3 boots up and until it then turns off
4. Release on/off and press again and hold until you hear two quick
beeps then release
5. You will now have the option to install firmware update using Recovery Menu. You should make sure that your controller is connected via USB and you inserted your USB memory stick.
6. PS3 will now re-boot on completion of update.
7. Install PKG files from a USB Memory Stick via the new “Install Packages” menu item under Games in the XMB
Definitions of PS3 Jailbreak Terms:
To install a game to either internal or an external USB hard disk to enable lauching without the disk
Custom Firmware. More specifically this is usualy refering to Modified Firmware based on Official Firmware
To remove limitations placed on hardware (in this case the Playstation 3) in regards to running code.
Official Firmware as released by Sony.
Package files that can be installed on a Jailbroken PS3 using the new Install Packages menu item. These can be anything from emulators to backup managers.
Playstation Update Package. Update file for the PS3 which can be CFW, MFW or OFW
Low level PS3 recovery menu built into all consoles.
Cross media bar. The built in menu system on the Playstation.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ):
Does it matter what Playstation 3 console I own?
No, the Recovery Menu exists on all revisions of the PS3 (Slim’s & Fat’s) so both can be jailbroken.
Can CFW be uninstalled?
Yes, you can install OFW over top of all Custom Firmware’s using the usual Update from USB method on the PS3 XMB.
Please note however that you can not go to a lower firmware revision. If this is something you are looking to do then you will need to look into the PS3 Downgrade methods currently around.
Can Sony Detect I am using CFW online?
No, not at this time due to the Console ID spoofing methods used.
Can Sony Patch this?
Yes, as always they could change the keys at any time.
Can I run ANY homebrew?
Yes, unlike the old GeoHot Jailbreak you do not need to run signed homebrew only
Can I use any of the Backup Managers?
Yes, we recommend Multiman for best backup compatibility at the moment.
Will this CFW allow me to install Linux?
No, either look at downgrading your firmware to version 3.15 to reinstate Install OtherOS or downgrade to 3.55 CFW such as Rebug
So I cant have Linux and online play with PSN?
No, not at this time unless OtherOS is added in the future which is unlikely as we believe these are two different scenes.
Where can I download PS3 games?
This is Piracy. We do not support piracy in any form. Backup managers are intended to backup disks you own to the PS3 hard disk for safe keeping and ease of access.
What else can I do with a Jailbreak PS3 that I cant with a normal one?
As well as the Emulators now available you can completely customise the look and sound of your PS3 from changing the startup logo & sound to customised XMB’s
Link to download: PS3 Jailbreak for 4.46 firmware
Mirror: PS3 Jailbreak for 4.46 firmware
Mirror#2(French hosting): PS3 Jailbreak for 4.46 firmware
If you have any questions please leave a comment or send me a message by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org